Year of Establishment: General- 1985
Name of Programmes/Courses offered (UG, PG, M.Phil, Ph.D., Integrated Masters; Integrated Ph.D., etc.): UG (General)
|Name/ Designation||Qualification||Area of Interest/ Specialization||No. of Years of Experience||No.of Ph.D.students guided for the last 4 years|
|Dr. Samir Kumar Kar
Qualification of teaching faculty with D.Sc./ D.Litt./Ph.D./M.Phil/PG.:Ph.D.-01
Number of faculty with ongoing project from National amd International funding agencies and grants received : Nil
Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST; UGC, DBT, ICSSR, etc. and total grants received: No
Research Centre/ facility recognized by the University: NA
Refresher/Orientation Courses Attended by Dr. Samir Kumar Kar:
1. UGC Refresher Course in Economics during 20/09/1991 to 10/10/1991 at the Department of Economics in Jadavpur University.
2. UGC Sponsored Orientation Programme from March 4 to March 31, 1992 at Dept. of Zoology, The University Of Burdwan.
3. Refresher Course in Economics during 26th September 1994 to 21st October 1994 at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (UGC Sponsored).
4. Refresher Course in Economics from November 23 to December 15, 1994 at University Of Calcutta, ASC, Sponsored by UGC.
5. UGC Refresher Course in Economic Theory and Development Economics organized by the Dept. of Economics, Jadavpur University from August 26 to September 15, 1996.
Seminars Attended by Dr. Samir Kumar Kar:
1. One day Seminar on “Principles & Practice of Rating –Problems and Suggestions” held on 11th March 1996 at B.U., Golapbag organized by Forum of Valuers & Properties Professional & B.U..
2. One day Seminar on “Impact Of Globalisation on Higher Education” at Balurghat College, West Dinajpur, on 28 th September, 2002.
Workshops Attended by Dr. Samir Kumar Kar:
1. One day Workshop on Introducing New Syllabus in Economics Part- II General Paper IV held on 27/08/1999 at B.U., New Admin. Building by the Dept. of Economics, The University Of Burdwan.
2. One day Workshop on Environmental Studies on 29/07/2000 at Science Centre, Burdwan University.
3. One day Workshop on Revision of Syllabus of 3years Degree Course Honours in Economics held on 8th February, 2001 at New Admin. Building, B.U., Burdwan.
4. Eighth Principals’ Conference during February 23 & 24 , 2007 at ASC, B.U., Burdwan, Sponsored by UGC.
5. 5days Workshop for Academic Administrators held from 12/03/2008 to16/03/2008 at ASC, B.U., Burdwan, Sponsored by UGC.
6. Ninth Principals’ Conference during February 04, 2009 to February 06, 2009 at ASC, B.U., Sponsored by UGC.
7. Workshop for Academic Administrators during 28 to 31 December, 2009 at ASC, B.U., UGC Sponsored.
8. Principals’ Workshop from 19/03/2010 to 20/03/2010 at ASC, Calcutta University.
9. Workshop for Academic Administrators on “Quality Culture in Higher Education” held on November 02 to November 04, 2010 at ASC, B.U., Burdwan sponsored by UGC & NAAC.
10. Principals’ Workshop (Theme- University College Linkages: Issues & Prospects from March 03 to March 04 to 27, 2011 at ASC, University of Calcutta, UGC Sponsored.
11. Workshop for Academic Administrators held on March 24 to March 27, 2012 at ASC, B.U. ,Burdwan, Sponsored by UGC.
12. One day Workshop on “Emerging Issues of Social Inclusion” held on 5th January 2013 at Bankura Christian College by Centre for Social Inclusion.
13. Workshop for Academic Administrators held on March 16 to March 18, 2013 at ASC, B.U., Burdwan , Sponsored by UGC.
14. Workshop for Academic Administrators held on April 16 to 20, 2013 at The University of Burdwan, Sponsored by UGC.
15. Workshop for Academic Administrators- UGC Sponsored at ASC, B.U., Burdwan held on December 23,24 &26, 2013.
16. Workshop of Principals/ TIC of Affiliated Colleges (Theme-“Modern Teaching Technology & Spirituality in Higher Education”) held on March 28, 2014 at ASC, Calcutta University, Sponsored by UGC.
17. Workshop for Academic Administrators, Sponsored by NQRI of NAAC at B.U. during October 30 to October 31, 2014.
18. “Principals’ Meet” held on 24th March 2015, at ASC, B.U., Sponsored by UGC.
Dr Samir Kar was awarded the Siksha Ratna by Government of West Bengal on 5th September 2015.
Areas of consultancy and income generated:No
Faculty as members in
a) National Committees
b) International Committees
c) Editorial Boards:
a) i) Serving as a Principal, member of G.B. and Secretary of the College
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter departmental/ programme: NA
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research laboratories/ Industry/other agencies:
Not a part of curriculum of the affiliating University, BU.
Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students: Nil
List of eminent academicians and scientists/ visitors to the department: No
Seminars/ Conference/ Workshops organized and the source of funding a) National b) International: No
Student profile programme/course wise:
|Name of the
|B.A. 1st year||General||00||00||00|
|B.A. 2nd year||General||01||00||01|
|B.A. 3rd year||General||01||01||00|
|Pass Percentage (Part III)||2013||2014||2015||2016|
|Male||NO EXAMINEE||NO EXAMINEE||100%||NO EXAMINEE|
|Female||NO EXAMINEE||NO EXAMINEE||100%||NO EXAMINEE|
|Total||NO EXAMINEE||NO EXAMINEE||100%||NO EXAMINEE|
Diversity of Students:
|Name of the Course||% of students from the same state||% of students from the other states||% of students from abroad|
How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET, SLET, GATE, Civil Services, Defense Services, etc.
There is no mechanism to know the number of such students.
Student progression (UG to PG to M.Phil. to Ph.D. to Post Doctoral, Campus selection/ Entrepreneurship/ Self-employment):There is no mechanism to track the students. There is no campus recruitment facility.
Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library: College Library, Departmental Library
b) Internet facilities for Staff and Students: Common access for all users
c) Class rooms with ICT facility: Common with other departments
d) Laboratories: NA
Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies: All the eligible SC, ST students receives stipend and Kanyashree for the girls. There is a system of full fee and half fee, common to all departments.
Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures/ workshop/ seminar) with external experts: No
Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:
- Lecture methods, interactive method, group discussions among students.
- Question and answering
- The students are encouraged to take weekly test.
Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and extension activities: Students generally participate in college lectures, debates, quiz programmes in large numbers. They attend awareness programmes such as blood donation camps and donate enthusiastically. Joining in NSS, they take part in Red Ribbon Club.
SWOC analysis of the department and Future plans:
- Good relation among the students and teacher.
- Cooperative attitude among the students are admirable.
- Enthusiasm of the students to attend classes
- Shortage of teaching faculty.
- Journals and reference books
- To imbibe interest for the subject amongst the students.
- To give them knowledge beyond the syllabus
- Arranging more Departmental seminars.
- Publication of Departmental Journal.
- To avail smart class room facility for the students.