Year of Establishment: 1997
Names of Programmes / Courses offered: UG (General )
a)Existing faculty profile:
|Name/ Designation||Qualification||Area of Interest/ Specialization||No. of Years of Experience||No.of Ph.D.students guided for the last 4 years|
|Dr. Sathi Mukherjee
Assistant Prof. ( H.O.D. of Mathematics)
|Ph.D , M.Sc. NET, B.Ed||Applied Mathematics, Fuzzy Mathematics, Operations Research, Discrete Mathematics||1.5 Years+||02*|
*Ph.D Guide under National Institute of Technology, Durgapur,Scholars-
a) Ms. Dalbinder Kaur, Year of Registration is 2012.
b) Ms. Supriya Kar, Year of Registration is 2013
b) Earlier Faculty Members in Mathematics at Gobinda Prasad Mahavidyalaya:
- Dr. Maniklal Masanta, D.Sc. in Mathematics (BU), was Principal in this college from 14.08.1987 to 30.06.2005
- Smt. Manasi Mandal, M.Sc in Mathematics (BU), was Assistant Professor in Mathematics from 10.03.2005 to 27.05.2008.
Qualification of teaching faculty with D.Sc./ D.Litt./Ph.D./M.Phil/PG.: Ph.D.-01
Number of faculty with ongoing project from National and International funding agencies and grants received: Nil
Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST; UGC, DBT, ICSSR, etc. and total grants received: No
Research Centre/ facility recognized by the University: NA
|Name of faculty||Dr. Sathi Mukherjee Assistant Prof.|
|Number of papers published in peer reviewed international journals||15|
|Number of paper published in peer reviewed national journals with ISSN number||02|
|Chapter in Books||06|
|Books with ISBN/ISSN number with details of publishers.||0|
|Paper presentation in State/national/international seminars||06|
|Seminar attended both State/National/International||–|
Details of Papers/Books published and presented and the abstracts:
a) Papers published in International and National journals by Dr. Sathi Mukherjee
1.Mukherjee, S. (2015), ‘ Fuzzy programming technique for solving the shortest path problem on networks under triangular and trapezoidal fuzzy environment’, Int. J. Mathematics in Operational Research (IJMOR), Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 576-594, (Inderscience), ISSN online: 1757-5869, ISSN print: 1757-5850.
2.Dalbinder Kaur, Sathi Mukherjee, Kajla Basu, (2015), Solution of a Multi-Objective and Multi-Index Real- Life Transportation Problem Using Different Fuzzy Membership Functions, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications (JOTA), February 2015,Volume 164,Issu 2,pp 666-678, DOI 10.1007/s10957-014-0579-6 (Springer), ISSN 0022-3239
3.Dalbinder Kaur, Sathi Mukherjee, Kajla Basu, (2014), Multi-Attribute Decision Making Problem for Transportation Companies using Entropy Weights-Based Correlation Coefficients and TOPSIS Method under Interval-Valued Intuitionistic Fuzzy Environment, International Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Volume 9, Number 2 (2014), pp. 127-138, ISSN 1819-4966.
4. Supriya Kar, Kajla Basu, Sathi Mukherjee, (2014), Solution of Generalized Fuzzy Assignment Problem with Restriction on Costs under Fuzzy Environment, International Journal of Fuzzy Mathematics and Systems, Volume 4, Number 2 (2014), pp. 169-180, ISSN 2248-9940.
5. Supriya Kar, Kajlabasu, Sathi Mukherjee, (2014), Generalized fuzzy assignment problem with restriction on the cost of job under hesitant fuzzy environment, OPSEARCH, Published Online First on 1st November, 2014, DOI 10.1007/s12597-014-0192-3, OPSEARCH (Springer), ISSN 0030-3887] 6. Supriya Kar, Kajlabasu, Sathi Mukherjee, (2013), Solution Of Generalized Fuzzy Assignment Problem With Restriction On The Cost Of Both Job And Person Under Fuzzy Environment, International Journal of Management (IJM), Volume 4, Issue 5, September – October (2013), pp. 50-59, ISSN 0976-6502 (Print), ISSN 0976-6510 (Online).
7.Sathi Mukherjee, (2012), Dijkstra’s Algorithm for Solving the Shortest Path Problem on Networks Under Intuitionistic Fuzzy Environment, Journal of Mathematical Modeling and Algorithms, volume 11, Issue 4, pp 345-359, December 2012, (Springer), DOI: 10.1007/s10852-012-9191-7 , ISSN 1570-1166.
8.Sathi Mukherjee and Kajla Basu, (2012), Solution of a class of Intuitionistic Fuzzy Assignment problem by using similarity measures, Knowledge-Based Systems, Volume 27, March 2012, Pages 170-179, (Elsevier) doi:10.1016/j.knosys.2011.09.007 , ISSN 0950-7051.
9.Sathi Mukherjee and Kajla Basu, (2012), Solving Multiple Attribute Assignment Problem by Analytic Hierarchy Process, Bulletin of Calcutta Mathematical Society, 104, (3) 301-312 (2012) , ISSN 0008-0659.
10. Sathi Mukherjee, Kajla Basu, (2011), Solution of interval PERT/CPM network problems by a simplified tabular method, OPSEARCH: Volume 48, Issue 4 (2011), Page 355-370 DOI: 10.1007/s12597-011-0056-z, OPSEARCH (Springer), ISSN 0030-3887.
11.Sathi Mukherjee and Kajla Basu, (2011), Solving Intuitionistic Fuzzy Assignment Problem by using Similarity Measures and Score Functions, International Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences and Technology, (2011), Volume 2, Number 1, January, 2011 , pp. 1-18, ISSN 2229-6107.
12. Sathi Mukherjee and Kajla Basu, (2010), Assignment Problem with Multiple Attributes of Crisp, Fuzzy and Linguistic Type Data, International Journal of Optimization: Theory, Methods and Applications, Vol. 2, No. 2, 150-159, 2010, ISSN 2070-5565.
13. Sathi Mukherjee and Kajla Basu,(2010), Application of Fuzzy Ranking Method for Solving Assignment Problems with Fuzzy Costs, International Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Volume 5 Number 3 (2010), pp. 359–368, ISSN 1819-4966.
14. Sathi Mukherjee and Kajla Basu, (2010), On A Class of Assignment Problem, Journal of The Assam Academy of Mathematics, Volume – 2, pp 119-135, July – 2010, ISSN 2229-3884.
15. Sathi Mukherjee and Kajla Basu, (2010), A More Realistic Assignment Problem with Fuzzy Costs and Fuzzy Restrictions, Advances in Fuzzy Mathematics, (2010), Volume 5, Number 3 (2010), pp. 395-404, ISSN 0973-533X.
16. Sathi Mukherjee, Kajla Basu, (2010), Application of Fuzzy Method for Evaluating Fuzzy PERT/CPM Network Parameters, Bulletin of the Gauhati University Mathematics Association, Volume 11, Pg 21-52, 2010, ISSN 0975-4148.
17. Dalbinder Kaur, Sathi Mukherjee, Kajla Basu, (2014), “A new fuzzy programming technique approach to solve fuzzy transportation problem”, Proceedings of 2014 2nd International Conference on Business and Information Management (ICBIM), held at National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, 9-11 Jan. 2014, DOI:10.1109/ICBIM.2014.6970977, INSPEC Accession Number: 14790915, Pg 144-150, 978-1-4799-3264-1/14/$31.00 ©2014, IEEE CONFERENCE PUBLICATIONS.
b) Chapters published in Books by Dr. Sathi Mukherjee
1. Sathi Mukherjee and Kajla Basu, (2010) Multiple Criteria Objective Function in Assignment Problem with Crisp, Fuzzy and Linguistic Type Data, Proceedings of International Conference on Challenges and Applications of Mathematics in Science and Technology (CAMIST), pg 70-79, January 11-13, 2010, NIT, Rourkela, ISBN 023-032-875X.
2. Sathi Mukherjee and Kajla Basu, (2010), Decision Making In Assignment Problem with Multiple Attributes Under Intuitionistic Fuzzy Environment, Proceedings of International Conference on Modeling, Optimization, and Computing (ICMOC 2010), October 28-30, NIT, Durgapur, CP1298, American Institute of Physics, 978-0-7354-0854-8/10/$30.00, Pg 541-546, ISBN 978-0-7354-0854-8.
3. Dalbinder Kaur, Sathi Mukherjee, Kajla Basu (2011),”Multi-Objective Multi-Index Real Life Transportation Problem with Crisp Objective Function and Interval Valued Supply and Destination Parameters”, Proceedings of International Conference on Mathematical and Computational Models, (ICMCM’ 2011), Dec 19-21, 2011, Computational and Mathematical Modeling, Page: 284-291, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, ISBN 978-81-8487-1647.
4. Dalbinder Kaur, Sathi Mukherjee, Kajla Basu, (2012), “Multi-objective Multi-index real Life transportation problems with interval valued parameters”, Proceedings of the National Seminar on Recent Advances in Mathematics and its Applications in Engineering Sciences (RAMAES 2012), March 16-17, 2012, Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur, Page 29-36, ISBN 978-93-5067-395-9.
5. Dalbinder Kaur, Sathi Mukherjee, Kajla Basu, (2012), “Goal Programming Approach to Multi-index Real Life Transportation Problem with crisp objective function and interval-valued Supply and Destination Parameters”, Proceedings of International Conference on Optimization, Computing and Business Analytics, (ICOCBA 2012), December 20-22, 2012, Pg 30-36, ISBN 978-81-8424-8142.
6. Dalbinder Kaur, Sathi Mukherjee, Kajla Basu, (2012), “Solution of a Multi-Index Real Life Transportation Problem by Fuzzy Non-Linear Goal Programming”, [Published: Proceedings of the National Conference on Recent Advances in Mathematics and its Applications, (RAMA-2013), February 14-16, 2013, Pg 148-158, ISBN: 978-81-8424-821-0.
c) Papers presented in International and National Seminars by Dr. Sathi Mukherjee
- Sathi Mukherjee, A More Realistic Assignment Problem, National Seminar on Recent Trends in Operations Research and Its Computational Challenges, November 17-18, 2009, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Calcutta.
- Sathi Mukherjee, Applying Fuzzy Method for Evaluating Fuzzy PERT/CPM Network Parameters, International Conference on Frontier of Mathematics (ICFMA-2008), Jan 16th -18th , 2008, Department of Mathematics, The University of Burdwan.
- Sathi Mukherjee, Decision Making in Intuitionistic Fuzzy Assignment Problem by using Similarity Measures and Score Functions, International Conference on Recent Development in Mathematical Sciences and their Applications (ICRDMSA-2010), 09-11, December 2010, Calcutta Mathematical Society. India.
- Sathi Mukherjee, Solving Multiple Attribute Assignment Problem by Analytic Hierarchy Process, International Conference on Frontiers in Applied Mathematics and its Computational Aspects (ICFAM-CA : 2011), March 15-17, 2011, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Calcutta.
- Sathi Mukherjee and Kajla Basu, Shortest Path Problem with Triangular or Trapezoidal Fuzzy Parameters, International Conference on Operations Research for Sustainable Development in Globalized Environment, January 6-8, 2012, Calcutta Business School & ORSI, Kolkata.
- Soumitra Banerjee, Sathi Mukherjee, Dijkstra’s Algorithm for Solving the Shortest Path Problem on Networks under Generalized Triangular and Trapezoidal Fuzzy Environment, National Seminar on Recent Advances in Mathematics and its Applications in Engineering Sciences (RAMAES 2012), March 16-17, 2012, Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur.
d) Participation in Conferences/Seminars, Workshops by Dr. Sathi Mukherjee
- Workshop on Exploring Mathematical Modeling Through Soft Computing, September 15, 2006, Department of Mathematics, Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur.
- National Seminar on Recent Advances in Operational Research and Related Computational Aspects, Sponsored by DSA Programme of UGC, New Delhi, August 22-23, 2007, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Calcutta.
- National Workshop on “Advances in Computational Optimization and Applications”, 8th-12th Nov, 2010, Department of Mathematics, NIT, Durgapur
- Seminar on Modern Trends in Operations Research -2011 (MTOR-2011), Jan 31, 2011, Department of Mathematics, NIT, Durgapur
- International Workshop on Fuzzy Sets, Rough Sets, Uncertainty Analysis and Applications, FRUA2011, Nov 21-25, 2011, Department of Mathematics, NIT, Durgapur in association with Centre for Soft Computing Research, ISI, Kolkata.
e) Training undergone by Dr. Sathi Mukherjee
- Short Term/In-house Training Programme on AICTE Sponsored “Induction Training” , during 2nd -13th January, 2007 at Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur.
- Short Term/In-house Training Programme on “Teaching Techniques”, during 19th -22nd Jul, 2005 at Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur.
Areas of consultancy and income generated:No
Faculty as members in
- National Committees
- International Committees
- Editorial Boards:
a) Dr. Sathi Mukherjee is
- Life Member of Operations Research Society of India (ORSI)
- Life Member of Calcutta Mathematical Society.
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter departmental/ programme: NA
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research laboratories/ Industry/other agencies:
Not a part of curriculum of the affiliating University, BU.
Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students: Nil
List of eminent academicians and scientists/ visitors to the department: No
Seminars/ Conference/ Workshops organized and the source of funding National and International: No
Student profile programme/course wise:
|Name of the Course/programme||2016-2017|
|B.A. 1st year||General||–||02||01||01|
|B.A. 2nd year||General||–||01||00||01|
|B.A. 3rd year||General||–||00||00||00|
|*M= Male F= Female|
|Pass Percentage (Part III)||2013||2014||2015||2016|
|Pass Percentage (Part III)||2013||2014||2015||2016|
Diversity of Students:
|Name of the Course||% of students from the same state||% of students from the other states||% of students from abroad|
How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinatios such as NET, SLET, GATE, Civil Services, Defense Services, etc.
There is no mechanism to know the number of such students.
Student progression (UG to PG to M.Phil. to Ph.D. to Post Doctoral, Campus selection/ Entrepreneurship/ Self-employment):There is no mechanism to track the students. There is no campus recruitment facility.
Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library: College Library, Departmental Library
b) Internet facilities for Staff and Students: Common access for all users
c) Class rooms with ICT facility: Common with other departments
d) Laboratories: NA
Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies:
All the eligible SC, ST students receives stipend and Kanyashree for the girls. There is a system of full fee and half fee, common to all departments.
Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures/ workshop/ seminar) with external experts: No
Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:
- Group discussion among students
- Question and answering
- Students are asked to regular assignments and asked to use the internet facility for extra information
- Take quiz.
- The students are encouraged to take weekly tests.
Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and extension activities:
- Specially to pay attention for students’ participation in different co-curricular activities which are organized by college i.e. drama, debate, different festivals, sports and games, awareness programme.
- Students from all the departments take active participation in NSS
- Students are also involve in Red Ribbon Club
SWOC analysis of the department and Future plans:
- Good relation among the students and teacher.
- Cooperative attitude among the students and helping attitude of the faculty are admirable.
- Department has got Ph.D teaching faculty in 2015 after the resignation of the previous incumbent in 2008.
- Journals and reference books
- Scarcity of students who takes Mathematics as their combination subject, since majority of the students in this college are from Arts background.
- Due to less number of students, individual care of the students can be taken by the existing faculty.
- Give quality based education for all students.
- To increase the number of students taking Mathematics as a combination subject.
- To introduce Honours course in Mathematics
- To increase the number of students taking Mathematics
- To create Post Graduate Department.
- To have a smart class room facility for the students.
- To create a separate computer laboratory
- To do a minor research project.